“DON’T LET YOUR FEARS AND DOUBTS BECOME A SELF- FULFILLING PROPHECY”
Where do our insecurities and doubts come from? They begin in our minds as thoughts that we let fester. We have about 70,000 thoughts a day! If we don’t learn to constantly monitor and upgrade our thought process and mentality, we will endure a lot of self sabotage. We may constantly live in the past, worry about a future that hasn’t even come yet, or live in illusions, denial, and negativity. We may also find our minds cluttered with so much inner noise and chatter that we lose touch with the right direction we need to move in. Each thought is either propelling us forward or keeping us stagnant.
Our mentality is a program.
The mind is like a computer. Our mentality is the program that determines our lifestyle, habits and self-value. Becoming aware of the type of programming we’re under is the first step towards upgrading it.
The following have really helped me overthrow patterns of self sabotage that have kept me from progressing into the next level of myself.
- First, actively decide what thoughts you’re going to allow in your mind. Don’t passively allow thousands of thoughts to swarm around aimlessly. You’re in charge. Ask yourself does this thought empower me? If it doesn’t, why do I allow myself to think it and authorize it? Do my thoughts make me feel insecure, doubtful or powerless? If so, why do I give them power? Make sure all thoughts inspire you to act towards your goals and visions. Make sure your thoughts give you direction and discipline.
- Discredit all thoughts that take away your confidence in being able to complete something you set out to do. If you start thinking negative thoughts, know self sabotage is trying to creep in. Just take a second to reach for a higher thought. Keep reaching upward until you align your thoughts back into the positive. If your thoughts always point to what may go wrong or why something won’t work out, instead of what will go right, you will program yourself to be most comfortable in your doubt. Now you are bound to limits and boundaries that didn’t exist before but now do exist because of your thought process. This is self sabotage setting you up to remain stuck.
- Once you’ve become aware of the limits in your mind, get rid of them. Now you will gradually start to grant yourself permission to think and act with a bigger vision and work ethic.
- Understand no excuse is valid! If you want to accomplish something, accomplish it. Don’t allow your mind to persuade you with logical excuses as to why you haven’t started on your goals yet. Begin and stay consistent.
- Don’t associate yourself with your present circumstance, whether they be good or bad. Always envision yourself upgrading. Let’s use the caterpillar and the butterfly as an example. The caterpillar represents our current situation. The butterfly represents our goal transformation. As the caterpillar, you don’t want to focus so much on the fact that you’re struggling inside a dark cocoon. You want to put faith in your circumstances after the cocoon, which would be the formation of the wings that set you free into the next version of yourself. Some people get so mentally trapped in their current situation that they mistake it for who they are and miss their shot to transform into something better.
Don’t be your own downfall.
You are your sneakiest enemy! Always know what kind of mentality you are operating out of. Analyze the ways we sabotage ourselves in our mind. Make sure your thoughts are aligned with advancement, not stagnation. And always evolve what you believe about yourself and what you believe is possible! Because we act in ways that align with our beliefs, thus making them true again. Reprogramming ourselves will not happen overnight but it is one of the most powerful processes.
Written by: Shantel Mendez
A Message From Elizabeth
Hello my loves!! I hoped you enjoyed reading this post by Shantel!! Please go over to her blog and check out everything she has!!! Its all AMAZING!!!! (just click on her name and it is a direct link!)